2018 Great Plains MC5111
Call for Price
Aggressive Primary Tillage Tool
The Great Plains Max-Chisel is an aggressive primary tillage tool that works at a shallower depth and leaves fields smoother and more uniform than most traditional disk rippers. Built on the same rugged platform as the Great Plains Turbo-Chisel®, the Max-Chisel utilizes two opposing rows of exclusive concave turbo-wave blades. With a patented "samurai edge," the blades aggressively remove root balls while mixing and incorporating residue in the top 4" to 5" of soil, chopping it to accelerate the decaying process.
Mounted to individual C-shanks, 24" blades on 15" spacing allow plenty of trash clearance. All feature maintenance-free tapered bearings in a cast hub and a six-lip interlocking seal to keep grease in and dirt out.
Max-Chisel works the soil more aggressively than a traditional chisel, but leaves the surface level enough for a single-pass tool, such as Great Plains Disc-O-Vator® or Turbo-Max®, to finish the field ahead of the planter in the spring. Angled chopper wheels combine with 15" shank spacing to pull dirt back into the shank voids, leveling the soil while maintaining the vertically-tilled profile left by the shanks.
Max-Chisel is available in two rigid models, ranging from 11' 6" to 14', and two folding versions of 16' 6" and 19'. All feature hydraulically-adjustable disc gang depth control and heavy-duty toggle-trip reset shanks that can till up to 12" deep. With 2,450 pounds of horizontal trip force, these shanks will not pull out of hard ground like a traditional chisel. Medium-duty chisel shanks are also available.
- Walking Tandem Axles: Maintain consistent mainframe height for accurate, consistent tillage depth control.
- Single-Point Depth Control: The disc gangs are hydraulically adjustable for on-the-go depth control, offering the flexibility to till up to 4" deep.
- Patented Angled Rear Chopper Wheel Attachment: Patented angled chopper wheels and 15" shank spacing work together to pull dirt back into shank voids, leveling soil while maintaining the vertically-tilled profile left by the shanks.
- Maintenance-Free Bearings: All blades feature maintenance-free tapered bearings in a cast hub with six-lip interlocking seals to keep grease in and dirt out.
- Individual Disc Mounts: Individual mounts offer more space between the 24-inch turbo discs. Features an exclusive turbo blade with a Samurai edge for excellent trash flow and better performance in wet conditions.
- Hybrid Machine with Heavy-Duty Toggle-Trip Shanks: When equipped with heavy-duty toggle-trip shanks, this "hybrid" unit works in the 8" to 12" range (rather than the 13" to 15" range required by disk rippers) while horizontally fracturing soil much better than a disk chisel. Toggle-trip shanks can't float. They either run at the set depth or trip - there is no inbetween.
- Exclusive Concave Turbo-Wave Blades with Patented "Samurai Edge": Mounted to individual C-shanks, 24" blades on 15" spacing allow plenty of trash clearance. Two opposing rows of exclusive concave turbo-wave blades aggressively remove root balls while mixing and incorporating residue in the top 4" to 5" of soil, pinning it to the ground to accelerate the decaying process.
- Model: MC5111
- Shank Spacing: 15"
- Coulter Spacing: 7-1/2" (2 offset gangs at 15" spacing per gang)
- Weight (approximate, no attachments): 12,430 lbs.
- PTO H.P. Req (min): 300+
- Tillage Width: 14'
- Transport Width: 17'4"
- Center Section: 10'
- Wing Section: 2'6"
- Working Width
- 14 ft.
- 17 ft. 4 in.
- Recommended HP
- 300+ PTO hp
- 12,430 lb.